Museum of Vuk and Dositej

Museum of Vuk and Dositej

Grand ePanoramic tour

Feel Serbia –Love Serbia

Two Serbian giants and enlighteners of the 19th century – Vuk Stefanović Karadžić and Dositej Obradović have been dedicated to this famous building. It was opened in 1949, stationed in the old part of the city on Gospodar Jevremova Street 21

The museum is in the building where it used to be the Great School, founded by Dositej, and the most famous student was Vuk Stefanović Karadžić. The museum’s architecture is from the Turkish period, as well as the Bajrakli mosque and Seih Mustafa turbets representing an ambience that testifies to the time when Belgrade was under the authority of the Ottomans.

The museum is divided so that the ground floor is dedicated to the figure and work of Dositej Obradovic and the first floor of Vuk Karadzic. Vuk’s daughter Mina Karadzic Vukomanovic, donated to the museum a large part of her father’s legacy, which was kept in the National Museum until this museum was opened.

The museum has a much more modest legacy of Dositej Obradovic because it was destroyed in a fire that took place in 1813, while part of the Vuk’s works were destroyed during the occupation of the First World War.

A few years ago, the museum was renovated and decorated in accordance with the modern settings of other museums.

The working hours of the museum are everyday except Monday, and on Sundays the entrance is free.

Feel Serbia – Feel Belgrade

Museum of Vuk and Dositej - Weather and location

Museum of Vuk and Dositej - Nearby tours


Airport transfers

from 19€

Domestic transfers

from 29€

International destinations

from 115€

Private transportation

from 50€